Welcome to the blog extension of the Maricopa Trail + Park Foundation. This nonprofit organization is dedicated to protecting, promoting, developing, and maintaining one of the nation’s largest county park systems.
The Maricopa Trail winds through the county, connecting the 10 Maricopa County Regional parks on a 315-mile scenic and diverse route. The parks that are connected through the trail are: Buckeye Hills Regional Park, Cave Creek Regional Park, Estrella Mountain Regional Park, Lake Pleasant Regional Park, McDowell Mountain Regional Park, San Tan Mountain Regional Park, South Mountain Regional Park, Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area, Usery Mountain Regional Park and White Tank Mountain Regional Park.
For a map of the Maricopa Trail click here:
The Maricopa Trail – Maricopa County
The trail is VERY near completion and as we approach the "golden spike" moment, we
• Raise awareness of the trail.
• Encourage people to get out and hike.
• Share trail reviews and hiker-provided comments and photos.
• Post news updates.
• Invite you to fun trail events.
• Inspire you to embrace stewardship by becoming a volunteer or trail crew team member.
Visit the Maricopa Trail and Park website: